- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain tortellini mixture; add to skillet. Stir in salt, thyme, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss
"Wow! This is really good!"
"I don't like shrimp but my family seemed to like it."
"Very easy, quick meal. I added mushrooms and scallions and omitted thyme. Needed to add parmesan cheese for more flavor. A little bland but overall a good recipe."
"Fast, easy, and delicious. My whole family gobbled it up! I like the mushroom idea suggested by KittieCatt...will try adding some next time. But overall a great weeknight recipe."
"It was fast and easy to make. A whole meal in one pan."
"Made this for supper the other night. Family loved, loved it!! A new favorite recipe to add to my collection!!"
"This is a very delicious dish, and also easy to prepare. I added a few sliced Baby Bella mushrooms, and a couple of shakes of Old Bay Seasoning for yet more flavor (since some folks mentioned that they thought this dish was a bit bland.) We liked it with the peas, but next time I'll try using Broccolini (it's not Broccoli...but it's in the same family). We all loved this dish, so thanks for a lovely recipe!"
"Wow - we really loved this. The only major change I made was to toss in pesto (my own homemade) at the end. Minor changes involved changes in amounts of ingredients, such as doubling the amount of tortellini. I used dried tortellini instead of frozen, and added oregano, The question of blandness was taken care of by the pesto. Even my husband was impressed, and said I should make it again soon!"
"Good but bland. It's easy to fix that problem with cheese and herbs."
"Delicious! Followed advice of others and added Parmesan Cheese - Excellent Addition!"