Shrimp-Topped Red Snapper Recipe
"We first experimented with this recipe using fresh crappie," writes Marsha Sullins of Longview, Texas. "We liked it so much, the next night I used it with bass. When my friend tried it on red snapper, I concluded it's just awesome with any fish."
- 2 red snapper fillets (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1. Place the fillets in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Add shrimp; cook for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Spoon over fish. Sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 467 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 52g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp-Topped Red Snapper
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
"simple, eeasy and good"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC