Shrimp-Topped Red Snapper
"We first experimented with this recipe using fresh crappie," writes Marsha Sullins of Longview, Texas. "We liked it so much, the next night I used it with bass. When my friend tried it on red snapper, I concluded it's just awesome with any fish."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 red snapper fillets (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Place the fillets in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the mushrooms and garlic in
- butter until tender. Add shrimp; cook for 2-4 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Spoon over fish. Sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 467 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a