Shrimp-Topped Red Snapper Recipe
- 2 red snapper fillets (about 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Place the fillets in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender. Add shrimp; cook for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Spoon over fish. Sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp-Topped Red Snapper in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp-Topped Red Snapper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
simple, eeasy and good