Shrimp Toast Cups Recipe
These appetizers always disappear quick as a flash. The pretty toast cups lend themselves to other favorite fillings, too! —Awynne Thurstenson, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- 24 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 16 green onions, sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Flatten bread with a rolling pin; cut each slice into four pieces. Place butter in a shallow dish; dip both sides of bread in butter; press into miniature muffin cups. Bake 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and horseradish until blended. Just before serving, stir in shrimp and onions; spoon into cups. Garnish with dill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 64 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC