Shrimp Toast Cups Recipe
- 24 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 16 green onions, sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Flatten bread with a rolling pin; cut each slice into four pieces. Place butter in a shallow dish; dip both sides of bread in butter; press into miniature muffin cups. Bake 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and horseradish until blended. Just before serving, stir in shrimp and onions; spoon into cups. Garnish with dill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 appetizer: 64 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Shrimp Toast Cups
"Made these for Christmas Eve's appetizer. Rave reviews!! Everyone wanted the recipe. I used frozen shrimp, not canned."
"Question: Do these toast cups stay fresh if made the day before?"
"Oh and I used fresh shrimp =)"
"Used this recipe last night and it was a hit! I added to it a little though! I used pre-made phyllo cups instead of making the bread cups. I used wasabi horseradish and I added finely diced red pepper to the mix as well as lemon juice to taste. That really ramped up the flavor!! Oh and I didn't use the dill sprigs!"
"These were absolutely delicious!! They certainly disappeared quickly as you said! :)"
"I was looking for something different and made these for the holidays. They were a smash. I did however use small frozen shrimp and cut them up instead of the canned shrimp because the canned was outrageously expensive in comparison."
"I made these for a gathering last night and everyone went crazy for them. I think next time I might try using whole wheat bread instead of white."