Shrimp Tarts Recipe
- 18 slices white bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup diced cooked shrimp
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 18 whole small cooked shrimp
- 1. With a rolling pin, flatten bread to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out a circle from each slice. (Save scraps for another use.) Spritz both sides of circles with butter-flavored spray. Press into ungreased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chilies, diced shrimp and onion; spoon into cups. Top with whole shrimp and paprika. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 60 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0.550g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1/2 meat
Reviews for Shrimp Tarts
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.