"Here in the Southwest, anything with green chilies is sure to please," notes Terry Thompson of Albuquerque, New Mexico. "And these shrimp-and-cheese appetizers are not exception. You can alter the amount of chilies according to your taste."
Featured In: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
- 18 slices white bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup diced cooked shrimp
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 18 whole small cooked shrimp
- With a rolling pin, flatten bread to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out a circle from each slice. (Save scraps for another use.) Spritz both sides of circles with butter-flavored spray. Press into ungreased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chilies, diced shrimp and onion; spoon into cups. Top with whole shrimp and paprika. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp Tartlets in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shrimp Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review