Shrimp Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced green or sweet red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Remove shrimp tails if desired. Place shrimp in a large bowl; sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup oil, onion, vinegar, green pepper, garlic, coriander and sugar; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add tortilla chips; stir-fry until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. In same skillet, cook and stir shrimp 8-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, tomato, beans, shrimp and tortilla strips. Just before serving, whisk dressing and pour over salad; sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Taco Salad(1)
Sort By :
For me, the key component in this recipe was the dressing. It was so light and delicious! The coriander was a perfect ingredient to compliment the shrimp! I make my own taco seasoning, so I seasoned the shrimp to my liking and sprinkled some of the seasoning on the tortilla strips. I don't care for packaged salads (pre-washed with or in WHAT?) so I used a combination of iceberg and romaine lettuces. Also, didn't have black beans or tomatoes, but added some corn (thawed frozen), black olives, garbanzo beans, scallions, cucumber and shredded carrot, as well as a little Mexican blend shredded cheese. What a wonderful, light meal! We will make this many times over I'm sure. Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Shrimp Salad Recipes >
- Shrimp Salads >