Shrimp-Stuffed Sole Recipe
- 4 sole fillets, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt or onion powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cubed bread, toasted
- Dash paprika
- 1. Sprinkle fillets with lemon juice and onion salt; set aside. Pour 2 tablespoons butter into an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Add the shrimp, milk, celery and parsley. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in bread cubes.
- 2. Spoon shrimp mixture onto fillets. Starting with a short side, roll up each and secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased shallow microwave-safe dish. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with onion powder, reduced-fat butter and fat-free milk) equals 266 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 769 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.