- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove stems from mushrooms; chop enough stems to measure 3/4 cup, discard remaining stems. Place mushroom caps in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and chopped stems; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in shrimp and bread crumbs.
- Drain liquid from caps; fill with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp-Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p9
Reviews for Shrimp-Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review