Shrimp-Stuffed Celery Recipe
My family is proud to produce celery on the beautiful island of Maui. As you can guess, we take a lot of "ribbing" for working so hard in a tropical paradise. This appealing appetizer has a creamy filling that blends nicely with crunchy, fresh celery.—Shirley Watanabe, Kula, Hawaii
- 1 bunch celery, separated into ribs
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped onion, green pepper and pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Cut celery ribs into 2-in. pieces. Finely chop one piece; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients and reserved chopped celery. Stuff into celery ribs. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 3 dozen appetizers.
1 serving (3 each) equals 64 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp-Stuffed Celery
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC