My family is proud to produce celery on the beautiful island of Maui. As you can guess, we take a lot of "ribbing" for working so hard in a tropical paradise. This appealing appetizer has a creamy filling that blends nicely with crunchy, fresh celery.—Shirley Watanabe, Kula, Hawaii
- 1 bunch celery, separated into ribs
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped onion, green pepper and pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut celery ribs into 2-in. pieces. Finely chop one piece; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients and reserved chopped celery. Stuff into celery ribs. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 3 dozen appetizers.
Originally published as Shrimp-Stuffed Celery in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p64
Reviews for Shrimp-Stuffed Celery
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2010
"I think it might be better to keep the celery and the stuffing separate until shortly before serving. The celery has so much water in it that I had trouble keeping the finished product dry, even with several layers of paper toweling underneath."