"Here in the Northwest, we have a seemingly endless supply of seafood, so we're always searching for creative new recipes," reveals Renton, Washington cook Jennie Benjaminson. "This thick hearty stew was a big hit."
Recommended: 31 Meals in a Bowl
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill, mustard, honey and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the shrimp, cheese and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew in Cooking for 2
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review