Shrimp and garlic are sauteed in butter then set atop a bed of spinach. Almonds, tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon finish off this beauty. Perfecto! Jamie Larson — Dodge Center, Minnesota
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the shrimp. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic and parsley; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- Place spinach in a salad bowl. Top with tomatoes, almonds and shrimp mixture. Squeeze juice from the lemon; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review