Shrimp Soup with Sherry Recipe
This rich soup makes a great first course when small servings are just right. It's an elegant addition to any holiday menu. —Marilyn Graner, Metairie, Louisiana
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cups cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or additional chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and cayenne until blended; gradually add cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the parsley, thyme, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and sherry or additional broth; heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 serving's.
1 cup: 333 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Soup with Sherry
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC