- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cups cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or additional chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and cayenne until blended; gradually add cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and sherry or additional broth; heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 serving's.
Originally published as Shrimp Soup with Sherry in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p141
Reviews for Shrimp Soup with Sherry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2015
"Amazing soup, will definitely make it again . Very simple to make"
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2013
"I made this using seafood broth instead of chicken and used dry sherry. It was delicious. Everyone enjoyed it."