- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cups cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or additional chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and cayenne until blended; gradually add cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and sherry or additional broth; heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 serving's.
Originally published as Shrimp Soup with Sherry in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p141
Reviews for Shrimp Soup with Sherry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2013
"I made this using seafood broth instead of chicken and used dry sherry. It was delicious. Everyone enjoyed it."