Shrimp Shell Salad Recipe
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 cups cooked small shrimp, divided
- 2 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1. For dressing, in a bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Cut eggs in half; discard yolks or save for another use. Chop egg whites. Set aside 10 shrimp for garnish; chop remaining shrimp.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, pasta, celery, egg whites and green onions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce. Garnish with reserved shrimp. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 214 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Shrimp Shell Salad
"Simple to make and delicious to eat. I don't chop the shrimp. I want to see them."