My mother came up with this lovely salad when she lived in Anchorage, Alaska, and I modified it to make it lower in fat. Instead of buying small shrimp and chopping them, I often use salad shrimp. —Adrienne Barbe of Litchfield, Connecticut
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 cups cooked small shrimp, divided
- 2 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 lettuce leaves
- For dressing, in a bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Cut eggs in half; discard yolks or save for another use. Chop egg whites. Set aside 10 shrimp for garnish; chop remaining shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, pasta, celery, egg whites and green onions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce. Garnish with reserved shrimp. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Shell Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p37
Reviews for Shrimp Shell Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review