- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
"Why go to a restaurant when you can make this delicious Shrimp Scampi at home!! Next time I will double the sauce. So good and easy to put together!!"
"Quick, very good meal! Shrimp was perfect and great over angel hair."
"Excellent recipe. I made French bread to go with it, and it was great for sopping up the juices."
"Absolutely scrumptious without changing a thing. Highly recommend. Have to have again, soon!"
"(Stars still aren't working right. All are 'black')I'd give it a one star although hubby said he liked it. Won't make it again. Was dry. Prefer my shrimp stir-fried or coconut covered."
"This was amazing! I've never had better, even in a restaurant. My son and I sat there moaning while eating it. Lol I highly recommend with no changes. Fab!"
"Excellent and is quick and easy to make."
"My husband loved it. However it is rich."
"Easy to make and delicious"
"I love the broiling with breadcrumbs for crunch but it did overcook the shrimp a bit. Overall this was awesome."