- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Scampi
"Simple to make and everyone liked it."
"I have tried several shrimp scampi recipes over the years and this one is definitely the best! We added some spinach after to the pasta after draining the water. My husband and I agree that this was restaurant quality. Thanks for sharing!"
"We thought this was delicious! This was my first time using a cast-iron skillet, but it was just so easy. The only thing I changed was that I used spaghetti instead of angel hair. Oh and I also used dried parsley instead of fresh. I can understand why the one reviewer said it was "dry", but I don't really agree. There isn't a traditional sauce. But the lemon and butter definitely keep this from becoming dry. Even the leftovers were delicious. We will definitely make this again."
"Agreed with Robby1 the sauce was good enough to double!"
"Why go to a restaurant when you can make this delicious Shrimp Scampi at home!! Next time I will double the sauce. So good and easy to put together!!"
"quick, very good meal! Shrimp was perfect and great over angel hair."
"Excellent recipe. I made French bread to go with it, and it was great for sopping up the juices."
"Absolutely scrumptious without changing a thing. Highly recommend. Have to have again, soon!"
"(Stars still aren't working right. All are 'black')I'd give it a one star although hubby said he liked it. Won't make it again. Was dry. Prefer my shrimp stir-fried or coconut covered."