- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
"Agreed with Robby1 the sauce was good enough to double!"
"Why go to a restaurant when you can make this delicious Shrimp Scampi at home!! Next time I will double the sauce. So good and easy to put together!!"
"Quick, very good meal! Shrimp was perfect and great over angel hair."
"Excellent recipe. I made French bread to go with it, and it was great for sopping up the juices."
"Absolutely scrumptious without changing a thing. Highly recommend. Have to have again, soon!"
"(Stars still aren't working right. All are 'black')I'd give it a one star although hubby said he liked it. Won't make it again. Was dry. Prefer my shrimp stir-fried or coconut covered."
"This was amazing! I've never had better, even in a restaurant. My son and I sat there moaning while eating it. Lol I highly recommend with no changes. Fab!"
"Excellent and is quick and easy to make."
"My husband loved it. However it is rich."
"Easy to make and delicious"