- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
"If I could give this recipe 25 stars, I would. This is by far the most amazing shrimp scampi recipe I have EVER made. And I've made many over the years. I really feel this is THE ONE I've been looking for.Having just read the review from "happy18777" I could have just put my review as "ditto!!!!!!!!!!P.S. I will now stop looking for the perfect shrimp scampi recipe"
"Being a New Englander I have had some of the best restaurant Shrimp Scampi .. This recipe is by far the best I've EVER had. 5 star restaurant, wonderful. Thank you"
"Super simple and delicious!"
"My my! Oh so good! Added some fresh asparagus while sauteing garlic. By the time the shrimp were ready the asparagus was just right. My husband said "this is a do over"."
"Made this with chicken tonight. It was a hit. Nice fresh lemony fresh flavor. Easy to fix on a rushed night."