- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
Sort By :
"Just by reading the ingredients in a recipe, I can decipher it's caliber.This one is a winner. ; )Thank you."
"Excellent and so easy and quick. Perfect and will share and make again. Thank you"
"Delicious and quick. Watch for bags of frozen, peeled, deveined shrimp to go on sale (if you're landlocked like me). Agree with use of some red pepper flakes for heat, but add into the oil to flavor it. Can use white wine in place of lemon juice (or combination of the two). Add a little bit of the pasta water to make more sauce, without adding extra fat."
"I love shrimp scampi and I am a critic when it comes to good tasting food! This recipe is Awesome! Easy and flavorful. The family love it. This will be my 'Go to recipe' for shrimp scampi. I highly recommend it!!"
"Excellent! Easy and very flavorful. I cut back on lemon juice as I am not a fan. I used garlic flavored seasoned bread crumbs as I love garlic. I paired with brown rice made with chicken broth but I can see if you were using pasta you would need to double the sauce. Will definitely make again!"