Shrimp Scampi looks like you fussed, but it’s a snap to prepare. Lemon and herbs enhance the shrimp, and bread crumbs add a pleasing crunch. Served over pasta, this main dish is pretty enough for company. —Lori Packer, Omaha, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until
- fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and
- stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden
- brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 395 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.