Shrimp Scampi with Lemon Couscous Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a boil. Stir in couscous, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon parsley and lemon peel. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, stir oil and remaining butter over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add shrimp; cook for 1 minute on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Add the wine, salt, pepper and remaining lemon juice; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 254 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.