Shrimp Scampi with Lemon Couscous Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds cooked Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a boil. Stir in couscous, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon parsley and lemon peel. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, stir oil and remaining butter over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add shrimp; cook for 1 minute on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the wine, salt, pepper and remaining lemon juice; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi with Lemon Couscous(2)
Sort By :
The couscous was not flavorful enough. I added more lemon juice, salt and pepper. It would have been better with another herb.
Delicious and relatively easy to make. Everyone who tastes it ends up asking for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >