- Add leeks to remaining sausage in skillet; cook and stir over
- medium-high heat until leeks are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Add the wine, brandy, salt, paprika and cayenne, stirring to
- loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is
- reduced by half.
- Stir in shrimp; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add
- andouille butter, stirring just until melted.
- Drain fettuccine; place on a large platter. Spoon shrimp mixture over
- pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup pasta equals 595 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 951 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.