Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine with Andouille Butter Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup butter, cut up
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Minced fresh parsley and lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; transfer half of the sausage to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Place butter and drained sausage in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Remove to a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Add leeks to remaining sausage in skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until leeks are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the wine, brandy, salt, paprika and cayenne, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4. Stir in shrimp; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add andouille butter, stirring just until melted.
- 5. Drain fettuccine; place on a large platter. Spoon shrimp mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup pasta: 595 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 951mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine with Andouille Butter
"The flavors in this recipe are really good. However, I would change the recipe a bit to not include the andouille butter. I found it a bit unappetizing to look at. Not sure what I'd do for a sauce but I'm come up with something."
"This is a wonderful recipe! The Andouille Butter sauce is outstanding! Definitely one of our "favorite" recipes..."
"Yum, just the right amount of spice. Nice flavor."