Shrimp Salad with Vinaigrette Recipe
"This is a wonderful light main dish to serve when you aren't in the mood for a heavy meal," suggests Lisa Casey of Roanoke, Virginia. "I love the fresh seafood flavor and hint of citrus in the dressing."
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 5 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 5 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, sugar and orange peel. Whisk in oil; set aside. Cut oranges into 1/2-in. slices; cut slices into quarters. Add oranges, shrimp and pimientos to dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the shrimp mixture with lettuces and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Salad with Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Salad with Vinaigrette(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >