My husband doesn’t miss his beloved meat and potato meals when I cook up this shrimp dish, rounded out with fresh fruit and greens.
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 medium peaches, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, hot sauce and cumin. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Brush peach halves with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill shrimp and peaches, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- In a large bowl, combine salt with the remaining oil and lemon juice. Add the arugula and cilantro; toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Top with peaches, shrimp and goat cheese. Squeeze lemon over salads. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Salad with Peaches in Country Woman June/July 2011, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Salad with Peaches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review