When a local restaurant was closing, a friend of mine obtained this recipe from the chef. It didn't take long for her to share this wonderful recipe with everyone she knew.
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Salad croutons
- In a medium bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. Just before serving, combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with dressing. Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 cups dressing).
Originally published as Shrimp Salad with Creamy Pepper Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p65
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Salad with Creamy Pepper Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review