Shrimp Romaine Salad
A refreshing dinner awaits when this shrimp-topped entree salad is on the menu. Brown rice increases the nutrition, and citrus flavors make it a delight any time of year. —Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups orange segments
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, romaine, oranges, tomatoes and
- onion. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the orange juice
- concentrate, vinegar, oil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Set aside 4 teaspoons. Pour remaining dressing over rice mixture and
- toss to coat. Divide among four plates; top with shrimp. Drizzle
- with reserved dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 301 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,