A refreshing dinner awaits when this shrimp-topped entree salad is on the menu. Brown rice increases the nutrition, and citrus flavors make it a delight any time of year. —Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups orange segments
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, romaine, oranges, tomatoes and onion. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the orange juice concentrate, vinegar, oil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside 4 teaspoons. Pour remaining dressing over rice mixture and toss to coat. Divide among four plates; top with shrimp. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Romaine Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review