- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups orange segments
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, romaine, oranges, tomatoes and onion. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the orange juice concentrate, vinegar, oil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside 4 teaspoons. Pour remaining dressing over rice mixture and toss to coat. Divide among four plates; top with shrimp. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Shrimp Romaine Salad
Sort By :
OMG, this recipe is a 10! My husband and I loved it so much, we couldn't wait to have another serving the next day for lunch! It makes a beautiful plate and if you leave the shrimp on the side, it keeps very well in the refrigerator. The dressing is what really makes the dish, it is to die for!
Thanks so much for putting this in your cook book, love it!