- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the rice, garlic, basil and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in one can of broth. Cook and stir until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and shrimp are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Risotto
Sort By :
I just made this with leftover rotisserie chicken and it was fabulous.
This was my first attempt at making a risotto & it came out great. The whole family enjoyed this meal.
I will give 3 starts because the recipe is not that easly understand!
My family loves this meal. The only thing I change is I use skim milk and no tomatoes (cuz i usually don't have them on hand). It's tasty, easy to make and healthy.
I make this almost once a week. It's so easy and satisfying. I omit the tomato and put a little more corn and parm cheese. Delish!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >