Shrimp Risotto Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the rice, garlic, basil and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in one can of broth. Cook and stir until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is tender.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and shrimp are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 420 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 197 mg cholesterol, 1,196 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.