Shrimp Risotto Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the rice, garlic, basil and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in one can of broth. Cook and stir until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is tender.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and shrimp are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 420 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 1196mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Risotto
"For those who are confused about why no "risotto" is listed in the ingredients, risotto is not an actual ingredient, but rather a dish that is created when using medium or short grain rice and cooking it to a creamy consistency. This statement by the submitter could definitely confuse people - "Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is tender" because it makes it sound like rice and risotto are two different ingredients. However, they are not.That said, this is a very delicious recipe. The only thing I did different was add a few extra ingredients, simply because it was my preference. I added chopped fresh mushrooms to use up what I had left in the fridge, imitation lobster chunks as well as the shrimp the recipe calls for and some Old Bay Seasoning. However, it tasted good even before I added the Old Bay. Will definitely make this again."
"This was my first time making risotto and I'm not sure why it took so long to make, but I think it's because I used brown rice. Excellent and worth the wait. Will make again!"
"I just made this with leftover rotisserie chicken and it was fabulous."
"This was my first attempt at making a risotto & it came out great. The whole family enjoyed this meal."
"I will give 3 starts because the recipe is not that easly understand!"
"I make this almost once a week. It's so easy and satisfying. I omit the tomato and put a little more corn and parm cheese. Delish!"
"Where is the risotto mentioned in this recipe? Am I to assume that you can switch out the rice for the risotto? Or use 1/2 rice and 1/2 risotto? Can someone please help me?"
"Is it me or is there no quantity specified for the risotto? Should I know how much to use,or was it left out? I see that the dish has successfully been made so maybe I'm a little slow. I would covet an answer so that I can make the dish."
"Delicious! For a Risotto, didn't really take that long. My entire family gobbled it up in no time! I will definitely make this again!"
"I really liked this recipe a lot. It had a lot of flavor and was really filling for its serving size and calorie count."