- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the rice, garlic, basil and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in one can of broth. Cook and stir until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and shrimp are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Risotto
"This was my first time making risotto and I'm not sure why it took so long to make, but I think it's because I used brown rice. Excellent and worth the wait. Will make again!"
"I just made this with leftover rotisserie chicken and it was fabulous."
"This was my first attempt at making a risotto & it came out great. The whole family enjoyed this meal."
"I will give 3 starts because the recipe is not that easly understand!"
"My family loves this meal. The only thing I change is I use skim milk and no tomatoes (cuz i usually don't have them on hand). It's tasty, easy to make and healthy."