"I enjoy this salad because it's so easy to prepare," enthuses Joyce Pappert of Mars, Pennsylvania. "It's nice to take luncheons or bridal showers...and it makes a refreshing meal on a hot day. My husband isn't a big fan of seafood, so I often make it with chicken, which is just as tasty."
Recommended: Top 10 Shrimp Recipes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Leaf lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; toss gently. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and seasonings; shake well. Add to shrimp mixture; toss. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve on lettuce; garnish with tomatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings
Originally published as Shrimp Rice Salad in Country Woman May/June 2000, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2013
"Great recipe, but instead of the curry powder I use cumin"