Not only do casseroles offer meal-in-one convenience, but they're practically guaranteed to satisfy that craving for comfort food we all experience. Served with a salad and wheat rolls, this dish makes a fine dinner.—Marie Roberts, Lake Charles, Louisiana
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the shrimp, salt and cayenne; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add the rice, soup and 1 cup cheese; stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Rice Casserole in Light & Tasty
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review