Shrimp Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the shrimp, salt and cayenne; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add the rice, soup and 1 cup cheese; stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Rice Casserole(5)
Sort By :
Very good comfort food, but too much butter when I doubled the recipe. If I make it again I would use half the butter suggested.
Thought it was an average, ok casserole. Nothing that would make my "favorites" book, but an "ok" weeknight casserole.
I also used the Cream Of Broc and added some broccoli to the dish itself. I also used tri colors of peppers since I had some on hand. The hubby and I both liked it.
I followed the recipe almost 100%. The only thing I changed is that I used 2 cans of cream of broccoli since I don't like mushrooms. 1 can just didn't seem like enough and the taste was lacking a bit. But, with the change, it was absolutely amazing!! The hubby and kids LOVED it and so did I!
Definitely keeping this one!
My Husband and I loved this dish. It is a Different way of using shrimp. The only thing I didn't like is that it does not look very appealing so for color I substituted the green pepper for rred pepper. It still tastes the same now it just lookes better