- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the shrimp, salt and cayenne; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add the rice, soup and 1 cup cheese; stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Rice Casserole
Sort By :
"Very good comfort food, but too much butter when I doubled the recipe. If I make it again I would use half the butter suggested."
"Thought it was an average, ok casserole. Nothing that would make my "favorites" book, but an "ok" weeknight casserole."
"I also used the Cream Of Broc and added some broccoli to the dish itself. I also used tri colors of peppers since I had some on hand. The hubby and I both liked it."
"I followed the recipe almost 100%. The only thing I changed is that I used 2 cans of cream of broccoli since I don't like mushrooms. 1 can just didn't seem like enough and the taste was lacking a bit. But, with the change, it was absolutely amazing!! The hubby and kids LOVED it and so did I!Definitely keeping this one!"
"My Husband and I loved this dish. It is a Different way of using shrimp. The only thing I didn't like is that it does not look very appealing so for color I substituted the green pepper for rred pepper. It still tastes the same now it just lookes better"