Shrimp Quesadillas Recipe
For variety, substitute cooked chicken or ground beef for the shrimp in these easy quesadillas, suggests Joan Schroeder from Pinedale, Wyoming.
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. For salsa, place the first nine ingredients in a blender; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle the cheese, chilies, tomato, onions and shrimp over half of each tortilla; fold over.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in butter for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Refrigerate leftover salsa. Yield: 2-4 servings (2-1/2 cups salsa).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC