- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For salsa, place the first nine ingredients in a blender; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle the cheese, chilies, tomato, onions and shrimp over half of each tortilla; fold over.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in butter for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Refrigerate leftover salsa. Yield: 2-4 servings (2-1/2 cups salsa).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Quesadillas
Sort By :
Made this last week. Family loved it!
Love the salsa that goes with this. Next time I'll chop larger shrimp rather than using salad shrimp.
This was absolutely wonderful! My family has decided this will be a weekly meal!