Quick and simple enough for any weekday, this dish boasts a refreshing flavor special enough for guests. Serve with salsa on the side and a frosty smoothie, if you like. Tiffany Bryson-San Antonio, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir
- onion and jalapeno until tender. Add the shrimp, cumin and pepper;
- cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a small bowl; stir
- in tomato.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Top with
- half of cheese, half of shrimp mixture and one tortilla. Cook over
- medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned;
- remove. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and shrimp mixture,
- spraying pan as needed. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 quesadilla equals 333 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.