Quick and simple enough for any weekday, this dish boasts a refreshing flavor special enough for guests. Serve with salsa on the side and a frosty smoothie, if you like. Tiffany Bryson-San Antonio, Texas
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion and jalapeno until tender. Add the shrimp, cumin and pepper; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Top with half of cheese, half of shrimp mixture and one tortilla. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and shrimp mixture, spraying pan as needed. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Quesadillas in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Quesadilla
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review