- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped or 2 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) small Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Additional oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, milk and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder, onion powder, salt and pepper; add to yolk mixture and mix well. Stir in the rice, shrimp, parsley and pepper sauce.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into shrimp mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil. Fry puffs, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until browned and puffy. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Puffs(1)
Sort By :
Its very tasty, I made it today as a test for upcoming gathering and I am definitely going to make it again, has a really good flavor