VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped or 2 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) small shrimp, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Additional oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, milk and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder, onion powder, salt and pepper; add to yolk mixture and mix well. Stir in the rice, shrimp, parsley and pepper sauce.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into shrimp mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Drop batter by tablespoons into hot oil. Fry puffs, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until browned and puffy. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp Puffs in Country Extra November 1998, p49
Reviews forShrimp Puffs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2013
"Its very tasty, I made it today as a test for upcoming gathering and I am definitely going to make it again, has a really good flavor"