Shrimp Potato Salad
Since Rhode Island is known as the Ocean State, I think this recipe represents my state well. Shrimp add a new twist to traditional potato salad.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 garlic clove, minced, optional
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with lemon juice; refrigerate. Add
- potatoes, onions and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the sour
- cream, salt, pepper, tarragon, mustard, celery seed and garlic if
- desired; pour over potato mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven