Shrimp Pot Stickers with Ginger-Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 to 30 round wonton (or gyoza) wrappers
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a food processor, pulse shrimp until ground. Transfer to a mixing
- 2. bowl. Add scallions, egg, salt and pepper.
- 3. Place 1 level teaspoon shrimp mixture onto each wonton wrapper. Brush edge with water and fold into a half moon to seal.
- 4. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the dumplings seam side up and cook 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and let steam 3 to 4 minutes. Cook the dumplings a few minutes longer with the lid off if they are sticking to the pan. Repeat with other half of the dumplings.
- 5. For dipping sauce: Whisk lemon juice, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Stir in scallion. Yield: serves 6 to 8.
4 pot stickers with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 177 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.