- pepper in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Shape into 12 oval patties; insert a skewer into each patty.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve with
- sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 197 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.