- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere)
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained, 3 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat or fat-free tartar sauce
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and Creole seasoning. Dip shrimp in egg substitute, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Bake in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan until shrimp turns pink, 7-9 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine broccoli slaw, pineapple and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and reserved pineapple liquid until smooth. Add to broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- To serve, spread hoagie buns with tartar sauce. Divide tomato slices and shrimp among buns. Top with pineapple broccoli slaw. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Po'Boys with Pineapple Slaw in Taste of Home April/May 2017
Reviews for Shrimp Po'Boys with Pineapple Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review