- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere)
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained, 3 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat or fat-free tartar sauce
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and Creole seasoning. Dip shrimp in egg substitute, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Bake in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan until shrimp turns pink, 7-9 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine broccoli slaw, pineapple and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and reserved pineapple liquid until smooth. Add to broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- To serve, spread hoagie buns with tartar sauce. Divide tomato slices and shrimp among buns. Top with pineapple broccoli slaw. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Shrimp Po'Boys with Pineapple Slaw
"My husband made this for Mother's Day. At first my 14 year old son was complaining that it had coleslaw and tomatoes on it, but we made him try it anyway. He ended up eating 2 sandwiches that night and requested that we make it again. Simple, yet delicious. Slaw is excellent by itself, too!"