Shrimp Pizza Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. For white sauce, in a small nonstick saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, cayenne and salt until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Drain.
- 3. Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet; spread with white sauce. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice equals 317 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.