- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For white sauce, in a small nonstick saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, cayenne and salt until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Drain.
- Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet; spread with white sauce. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Reviews forShrimp Pizza
"My family of 5 really liked this recipe. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I used a homemade pizza crust recipe that is really good along with the pizza ingredients rather than using a ready made crust, but can't say for sure. I used about 1/3 t. of dry mustard and 1/8 t. of cayenne in the sauce. It made a nice, neutral, mild sauce; could detect no heat at all, so if you like a little spice, I would recommend adding more cayenne. The pizza overall, had a good mild flavor; no one flavor stood out and maybe that was a good thing. I added about 2 t. minced garlic with the onion; next time I'll make it 1 T. I really think it needs the garlic. I would probably do garlic salt next time also instead of the regular salt. I'm happy to be the first to recommend this recipe."