Shrimp Pineapple Kabobs Recipe
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 2 cups fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 64)
- 4 large sweet red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; refrigerate pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard and reserved juice. Pour 3 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, red peppers, onions and pineapple. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
2 each: 226 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Shrimp Pineapple Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.