- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, oregano and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. In small bowl, combine the broth, wine and cornstarch; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, lemon juice, capers and parsley to the skillet; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Piccata
Sort By :
Will not be making this again. It barely had any flavor at all.
I wondered why one reviewed pronounced it 'bland' because it has the right ingredients to be anything but bland - then I noticed the problem. Not nearly enough salt and no pepper at all. Need salt to taste, black pepper, and a dash of cayenne. Also, a touch of Sherry is always great with seafood, so I added about a jigger. It was delicious. Just be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
Love it and I usually do not like a lot of lemon juice.
Wonderful quick and easy dish. The pasta took the longest to cook. Perfect paired with the asparagus. Leftover pasta and ingredients were later sauted up with some Portabellos and was just as wonderful. Great alternative for vegetarians.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >