Shrimp Piccata Pasta Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding lemon-pepper to the cooking water. Meanwhile, toss shrimp with lemon juice. In a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in butter and oil for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt cream cheese; whisk in milk and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and heated through. Stir in capers. Drain fettuccine; toss with cheese sauce. Top with shrimp; sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup pasta with sauce and 8 shrimp (prepared with reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 514 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 262 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Piccata Pasta
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.