I typically serve this with crusty French bread and asparagus.
- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, oregano and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. In small bowl, combine the broth, wine and cornstarch; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, lemon juice, capers and parsley to the skillet; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Piccata in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p22
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Piccata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review